First Attempts at Painting

Friday, August 07, 2015

It has been a while since I last checked and posted to my blog. Finally, I'm back from the blogging hiatus :) It's the third month of my first semester at school and pretty busy doing research and other major curricular activities in school which will be part of our finals. It's a challenge to me balancing my time at school and work. I've been sleeping very late in the evening and woke up early in the morning for school. I only have a few time left for my work and I even can't make it half of my work needs to be done even if I work home-based. It's really hard to get these things done one at a time but I love it. 

There were days that I am free (not basically free, it's just that I'm lazy to attend the school fiesta activity) and had nothing to do but to explore my starter pack of oil paints. My first attempt at painting was not good but "cool". :) I watched painting tutorials on Youtube and followed the artist's instructions carefully. Although, there were some words/terms and tools the artist was using that I am not familiar I still manage to create my own style. I didn't follow or imitate what the artist painted but rather I listened to his instructions and basic techniques for the purpose of getting ideas about the proper stroking, color shading, the mixing of colors, layering etc. Through those ideas, I was able to bring out the picture from my imagination into shape and colors.



 











That's all for now, I have to sleep (it's 1:51AM O_O)  :) 



Watch out for my next post: About My Kendo Venture ;) 




~XOXO~



You Might Also Like

0 BUZZ & COMMENTS

I read all your comments..
Thank you for dropping by my blog ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...